Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 30 minutes
Today I’m going to share a recipe that I tried a while ago as I have been too busy to bake anything this weekend. The plan had been to do something yesterday morning but my husband decided to fit a new air box in his car and obviously this took longer than the experts said it would, and required a lot more of my help than I had anticipated so I didn’t have chance to get in the kitchen!
The original recipe for these were for Oreo Chocolate chip cheesecake cookie bars but as I had recently made something else with Oreos I decided to mix it up a bit and go for Toffee Crisp cheesecake cookie bars! They were brilliant. Easy to eat and were even better the day after baking. They would be great to serve up after a BBQ!
Recipe adapted from Inside BruCrew Life:
- 225g butter
- 115g caster sugar
- 200g brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 350g plain flour
- 3 bars of Toffee Crisp – chopped up into chunks
- 100g dark chocolate chips
- In a mixing bowl, beat together the butter and sugars until creamy
- Add the eggs and vanilla and beat again
- Sift together the baking soda, salt, and flour. Slowly add to the creamed mixture
- Stir in the Toffee Crisp chunks and chocolate chips by hand
- Press half the dough into a greased 9×13 pan. Set aside
- 225g cream cheese, softened
- 115g caster sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- In another mixing bowl, beat the cream cheese and sugar until creamy
- Add the egg and vanilla and beat again
- Pour on top of the dough in the pan
- Crumble the remaining dough over the top of the cheesecake gently
- Bake at 170°C for 30 minutes
- Remove and place on a wire rack to cool
- Refrigerate until completely chilled. Cut into 24 bars.
- white chocolate chips
- dark chocolate chips
- Toffee Crisp crumbs
- Place the white chips in a microwaveable bowl and heat for 30 seconds. Stir. Heat for 15 seconds more if needed Stir until creamy
- Repeat with the dark chips.
- Place each chocolate into two disposable icing bags (or plastic sandwich bags with one tip cut off)
- Drizzle over the bars and top with Toffee Crisp crumbs immediately.
- Keep refrigerated
These are soooo good. Even my husband (who says he doesn’t like cheesecake) enjoyed a few of these! A great dessert to bring out at a garden party as you can just pick them up and eat them – no fuss, no mess!
And of course, you can make them with any chocolate bar you wish! Or with crushed Oreo Cookies as the original recipe shows.