Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 10 minutes
Oh my goodness…..I haven’t made anything quite so indulgent in a while and these are truly amazing.
My husband is a massive fan of Nutella so this morning I started browsing Pinterest for Nutella recipes when I came across this one.
And it’s so easy – I already had everything in the cupboard so I didn’t even need to make a trip to the supermarket.
What could be better than a chocolatey, nutty, salted caramel oozing from a freshly baked double chocolate chip cookie? And made in no time at all…these would definitely impress any last minute guests you may have!
This recipe is adapted from Top With Cinnamon.
- 110g unsalted butter
- 350g light brown sugar
- 55g cocoa powder
- 2 eggs
- ¼ tsp salt
- ¾ tsp baking powder
- 260g plain flour
- 100g) milk or dark chocolate chips
- Maldon salt, for sprinkling
- 60g Nutella
- 40g Salted Caramel Spread**
**I used a shop bought salted caramel spread, but you could also make the caramel using this recipe or you could even use a chocolate caramel like a roll or cadbury caramel piece if you wanted these to be even quicker and easier!
- Line a few baking trays with parchment paper
- Preheat your oven to 180 degrees C
- In a saucepan, melt the butter
- Take the saucepan off the heat and stir in the brown sugar and eggs
- Add the cocoa powder, salt and baking powder and stir until well mixed
- Add the flour and mix well
- Stir in the chocolate chips
- Take a heaped tablespoon of the dough and roll into a ball
- Place onto the baking tray and make a large indent in the centre using your thumb
- Fill the indent with a bit of Nutella and top it with the caramel sauce (or caramel filled chocolate)
- Take another tablespoon of the dough, roll it ip and then flatten it with your hands
- Top the cookie with this flattened dough and seal the edges
- Sprinkle with Maldon salt (or any flakey salt)
- Bake for 8 – 10 minutes
Leave to cool slightly before transferring them to a wire rack to cool completely.
Honestly – these are as good as they look and I’ve just managed to devour one and a half in the time it took to take the photos.
I’m not sure how long these will last once my husband gets home!