Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 20 minutes
I had 2 eggs left so searched for a recipe where I had all the ingredients and this one came up. I don’t make muffins very much, but these are so easy! Honestly….you can mix it all up in one bowl. And they are super quick as you don’t have to ice them. Just dip then in a yummy cinnamon sugar. My husband doesn’t actually like Nutella so I kindly substituted this for Cadburys Chocolate Spread.
- 150g unsalted butter, softened to room temperature
- 200g granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 240g milk
- 420g white whole wheat flour
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 12 teaspoons Nutella
- Preheat the oven to 220C
- Spray a muffin tin with cake release spray and set aside (You can use muffin cases if you prefer)
- Using an electric mixer cream the butter and sugar together on a medium speed
- Slowly mix in the egg, vanilla extract and milk
- Stir in the flour, baking powder, cinnamon, nutmeg, and salt.
- Spoon 1 heaped tablespoon of muffin mix into each muffin hole in the tray. Layer with 1 tsp Nutella in the centre and then top with another teaspoon of muffin mix.
- Bake at 220C for 5 minutes
- Leave the muffins in the oven and reduce the oven to 180C. Bake for a further 13-15 minutes until a skewer inserted into the middle comes out clean.
- Allow the muffins to cool for about 5 minutes.
- While the muffins are cooling, make the sugar coating
- 50g granulated sugar
- 2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 3 tbsp butter
- Melt the butter for about 30 seconds in the microwave (until fully melted)
- In a separate small bowl, stir together the sugar and cinnamon
- Dip the top of each muffin into the melted butter and dip into the sugar mixture – make sure each muffin is well coated.
- Leave to cool on a cooling rack.