The nights are getting colder and your life is getting busier trying to fit everything in before Christmas so why not host a Girls Night In!?
Forget fighting your way to the dance floor, queuing for the toilet, or standing in the cold waiting for the bus home. This November, thousands of women across the country will be saying ‘I’m In’ as they get together for ‘The IN Thing’, Cancer Research UK’s new fundraising initiative that combines a great night in with the girls with a great cause.
The IN Thing is a fundraising campaign which inspires women to make time in their busy lives to have a great night in with their friends – to raise money for a worthwhile cause and spend quality time with their girlfriends.
The IN Thing is the perfect excuse to get together while raising money for Cancer Research UK’s life saving work. Hosts can set a fundraising target for their group and collect donations upfront or on the night. Invite friends, family, neighbours and colleagues and indulge in a fun event at home to help beat cancer sooner.
My top 5 themed ideas of hosting a night in with the girls…
1. Cupcakes and Cocktails: Get the girls together for delicious cupcakes and naughty cocktails. You could even mix them together and make cocktail flavoured cupcakes! Get the ladies to give a donation and bring a bottle – If they bring whatever is in their drinks collection you are bound to get a good mixture for creating cocktails. Just make sure you get some mixers to go with them!
2. Cupcakes and Manicures: Give the girls some tasty cupcakes and pamper them during the night. Paint their nails, give them simple hand and arm massages and maybe even get some face masks in!? All in exchange for a small donation to charity.
3. Come Dine with me: Host a dinner party and get the girls to donate what they think the food is worth!
4. Film night: Get everyone together to watch a film and get them to donate the cost of a movie ticket. Get drinks, popcorn, sweets and maybe hot dogs and nachos to set the mood!
5. A Mexican Fiesta: Eat fajitas and drink tequila – easy!
If you want a cupcake to show the ladies in your life how much you love them why not try these cute ‘kiss’ cupcakes. Melt some candy melts into a kiss mould and leave to set. Place on top of your cupcake and add a sprinkle of edible glitter!
My top 5 tips on hosting a great night in…
1. Food: Food is very important when having a night in. Make sure you have enough and make sure you cater for everyone. There is nothing worse than serving a meat platter to a vegetarian! And keep it simple – this way you can have more time to relax and enjoy the night. Place snacks and nibbles around the room so people don’t get too hungry! And make it clear on your invite what sort of food you will be serving – you don’t want someone expecting a 3 course meal if you are planning finger food.
2: Drink: Set the mood with the drinks. Are you having a relaxed evening with hot chocolate, a chilled evening with a selection of wines or a party night with cocktails? Make sure that no glass is empty!
3: Music: Background music helps set the mood instantly. I once walked into a New Years Eve Party and Casualty was on the TV…not what I was expecting so make sure your guests arrive to the right atmosphere!
4: Entertainment: This depends on what sort of evening you are hosting. Maybe you want to watch a film, dig out the singstar or just have a good old gossip. I would recommend having at least one thing organised and then see how the evening goes!
5: The Host: As host, make sure you have fun too! Don’t forget to top your own drink up and eat the cakes you have made. If you are relaxed your guests are bound to be!
3 reasons why in is the new out this November:
1: Life is busy, so this is the perfect excuse to make time for you and your besties!
2: t’s pre-Christmas party season so make the most of staying in while you can
3: Strictly Come Dancing and X-Factor are both on TV providing the perfect background to any girlie catch up
Register for your free party pack, it’s got everything you need for a great night in. It only takes a few minutes.