Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 25 minutes
- 319 calories
- 5 grams of fat
- 15 grams of sugar
It feels like I haven’t baked for ages! To be honest, I think it’s because my mind has been elsewhere…we decided to get a beautiful kitten and she is such a wonderful time waster! So all my time has been taken up getting to know her rather than in the kitchen.
As much as I love making cakes for birthdays etc, sometimes it’s nice just to make something that I want to make.
Each week at work I order in fruit from our factory for staff on the training sessions to eat, and this week we had an abundance of blueberries. Rather than letting them go to waste, I brought them home and made this yummy tart/pie.
It’s so easy to make, and really tasty. My Mum, step Dad and Grandad thoroughly approved of it!
Recipe taken from Tesco Real Food.
- 375g pack shortcrust pastry
- 100g reduced-fat cream cheese
- 5 tbsp granulated sugar
- 500g blueberries (don’t worry if you don’t have this many – I used just under 400g)
- 1 lemon – zest only
- 1 tbsp plain flour
- 1 egg yolk
- 15ml milk
- Preheat the oven to 200C
- Roll out the pastry to a 30cm circle (I used a pre rolled sheet but re rolled it into a circle!)
- Place onto a non stick baking sheet
- Mix the cream cheese with 1 tbsp sugar – beat well
- Spread over the pastry circle, leaving a 9cm edge
- In a bowl, mix the blueberries with the lemon zest, flour and 3 tbsp sugar
- Pour over the cream cheese, keeping the border free
- Fold the pastry edges over the fruit
- Whisk the egg yolk and milk together
- Brush the egg mixture over the pastry
- Sprinkle with the remaining sugar
- Bake for 25 minutes, or until crisp and golden
A very fruity desert that is full of flavour! Highly recommended! It’s a bit like a mixture of a cheesecake and pie!
And in case you are a cat lover, here she is…