I think I have a problem….I can’t stop eating peanut butter! I used to hate it as a kid, but since discovering the Meridian varieties I have it with everything I possibly can!
I know this isn’t ‘baking’ but I thought you would still be interested in this simple recipe for dairy free, refined sugar free ice cream.
Recipe from the Meridan Foods website.
- 4 ripe bananas – chopped and frozen
- 200ml almond milk
- 5tbsp crunchy peanut butter (or more if you’re a peanut butter fan!!)
- 60g dark chocolate – finely chopped
- Put the frozen bananas, almond milk and 3 tablespoons of peanut butter in a blender.
- Blend until smooth
- Stir in most of the chopped chocolate
- Pour into a freezer friendly tub
- Dot and swirl the rest of the peanut butter and throw on the remaining chocolate
- Pop in the freezer until set.
And make sure you take it out of the freezer around 10 minutes before serving.
To be honest, the texture is more like sorbet than ice cream, but it’s delicious. Although I think I’ll use more peanut butter when I make another batch!