Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 10 minutes
Since coming back from holiday, I have really struggled to get back on the sugar free bandwagon. I’m really trying, but my sweet tooth just won’t give in as easily as it has done in the past. So I decided to make some biscuits for when I felt the urge for something sweet and these chocolate and coffee cookies from the I Quit Sugar blog looked perfect.
They are so quick and easy to make – I was all prepared to spend some time in the kitchen on a day off from work but it wasn’t needed…these were done in about 20 minutes!
They filled the house with a lovely warm smell of coffee and were cooling just as Kieron walked in the door!
- Heat the oven to 180C and line a baking tray with parchment paper
- Mix together the ground almonds, bicarbonate of soda and salt
- Add the rest of the ingredients and mix well
- Take small amounts (around a heaped tablespoon) and roll them into balls. Flatten with your hands and place on the baking tray
- Bake in the oven for around 10 minutes (The original recipe says 8 minutes which wasn’t enough in my oven…I slightly overcooked them by adding a further 5 minutes so keep a close eye on them after 8 minutes!)
- Leave on a wire rack to cool
- If you want to, melt some dark chocolate and dip the biscuits in – I found this to be a perfect finishing touch!
I love these biscuits – I’m not sure you’re meant to eat a whole batch in just 2 days, but that’s what just happened!